Sunday, September 9, 2018

MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar Contest: Innovation Master- " I Love You SHINE or RAIN"

Hi Crafty Friends,
Have you heard of the My Favorite Things 2018 Card Design Superstar Contest? I hadn't either until this year. So, I'm giving it a shot! Wish me luck ;) Here is my design for the INNOVATION MASTER category.
For the Outside of My Card:
Let's start with the background. I literally HANDCUT all those squares like a puzzle and fit them together to make the blue background. It TOOK FOREVER. As I glued it down, I wanted to create dimension so I popped some up and kept some flat. Then I used my MFT Sunshine Die to create the sunshine. I used two shades of yellow paper and folded back every third ray, popping it up with 2 pop dots for height and added the yellow button on top. Then I took my MFT cloud die and made the clouds out of COTTON SWABS, so they look like real clouds! Lastly, at the bottom, I added the little duckies, colored with copic markers, striking poses (from the MFT Rain or Shine Set). I REVERSED the sentiment "I Love You RAIN or SHINE" for a reason you will see when you open the card.

I LOVE YOU SHINE OR...




For the Inside of My Card:

RAIN!

I created an umbrella for the inside with "rain" coming down! I used purple cardstock and folded it like a fan then I attached the "raindrop" like ribbon embellishments from under the umbrella to create the "rain". I added the sentiment under the umbrella "There's Always Room For You UNDER MY UMBRELLA" from the MFT BB Rain or Shine Set.



How's that for INNOVATION :)?

Challenges: 
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Unusual Folds 
Crafty Animals Challenge 18 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Pop It UP 
Die Cut Divas: Use Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment