Friday, June 7, 2019

Stamp Out Cancer Hop

Hi Crafty Friends,
I am so happy to be a part of Scrap N' Stamp's STAMP OUT CANCER Hop to bring awareness to Colon Cancer. A family friend of mine who I considered my second mom recently past from Colon Cancer so this hits close to home. Kim Skaggs was a huge part of my life growing up and into adulthood. She lived across the street from me in the suburbs of Chicago. My sister and I used to babysit for her kids and my mom actually used to babysit for her when they were young in PA. As we all grew up we became more than friends, we were FAMILY. We spent every occasion together celebrating birthdays, Thanksgivings, and Christmases with one another. When she received her diagnosis it was a SHOCK and as most who have been touched by this horrible disease know there are ups and downs. Just when we thought the colon cancer was beat it spread to other organs. CANCER JUST SUCKS. I made this card in Kim's Honor and I hope this hop will bring some awareness and donations to help STOP it and STAMP it OUT.
For more information about risk factors, screenings, and symptoms head here.

Make Crafty Friends Q & A:
Q: Have you or anyone close to you been hurt by cancer? Share your story, Let's Fight Together
A: Me? Yes, Kim Skaggs and my grandpa died of skin cancer when I was young so STUPID cancer made me lose my chance to really get to know a GREAT man.
 


Here is Kim and I when we are young, we made her a birthday cake and some lemonade!
Here we are PARTYING at her daughter Katie's collage on Parents Weekend. She was the BEST TIME!

Please spread the word and make sure you go to your regular doctor appointments and get checked out. This hop was started specifically to raise donations/awareness of colorectal cancer, which our team member Nancy E recently battled. She is doing a “Push for the Tush” 5k walk/ 10k run later this month. Her story and donation page can be found here. 10% of the SALES at SNS this weekend are going to Nancy's Walk so GET SHOPPING!





Please visit the rest of the lovely ladies on this hop!

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend, but what a wonderful awareness and cause you've got here in her honor! Your card is just precious! Love the ribbon with the wording and oh those bunny butts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stopping by again to say thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your loss....it's just heartbreaking. I lost my dad to lung cancer, and my sister is a cancer survivor. Cancer is a scary and vicious thing that sneaks in and steals our loved ones away. Having this hop is a wonderful idea :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, Meghan. Cancer does suck - and it doesn't discriminate! I'm happy that you're hopping with us this month, and I love your bunny butts card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am sorry that your life has been touched by this as well, Cancer has no mercy. I think your bunny card is so very sweet ... thanks for joining us for this important hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read of your friend... big big hugs to you. Thank you for sharing your story and for creating such an awesome card!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card with a lovely message - I'm sorry your life has been touched by cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your story! Love your bunny bum cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like you two had an amazing friendship. Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry This disease has affected you this way ... great card and love how you applied the ribbon really catches the eye ... thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week; hugs Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your a hard worker. Glad your in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Sorry to hear the loss of your loved ones to cancer yet channeling your grief into raising support and funds for research is good for your soul and the world. Thanks for linking your post to several challenges, including PPCC blog, and spreading your story. Becca/DT for PPCC

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. Your card is fabulous ! Thanks for joining us for Week 23 at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete